Five thoughts for the middle of the week. Let’s get this cracking.
1. Jameis Winston Investigation: The New York Times has an article published discussing the failed investigation of a rape allegation involving the Florida State quarterback. The article talks about how the Tallahassee Police Department didn’t conduct a full investigation into the matter and that new key points were found in the NYT investigation. There’s also a detailed outline of events surrounding the allegations. Reading the article, these are some serious allegations made against Winston.
2. Jay-Z and Beyonce Set To Tour This Summer?: Page Six announced that The Carter’s will be embarking on 20 city stadium tour that will kick off in late June. Now while it hasn’t been announced yet, the talk of these two gracing the stage together has fan talking. I’m sure those tickets will run those pockets so start saving.
3. Illmatic Turns Twenty: One of the most celebrated albums in hip-hop history turns twenty this weekend. Nas and his fans have been discussing the impact this album since dropping in ’94. I’ll be sure to have something written up on this album by the weekend.
4. NCAA Approves ‘Unlimited Meals and Snack’ Allowance: When University of Connecticut guard Shabazz Napier stated during the Final Four that some nights he would go to bed without eating because he couldn’t afford meals, the NCAA approved a proposal that would provide unlimited meals and snacks to all Division I athletes, including walk-ons. You would think that with the service that the student athletes provide for the schools, that they would be better taken care of.
5. US Airways Tweets Lewd Photo In Response To A Consumer Complaints: Monday had to be high alert for the social team at US Airways. A photo of a naked woman showing where a toy airplane goes (if you catch my drift) was send out in a tweet. So many jokes were made and US Airways deleted the tweet and said they would be investigating. I just want to know who had the photo and what triggered inside their brain to send out that tweet. Crazy times, I tell you.