Seven years after release his last album and so many requests for his return to music, Justin Timberlake released his brand new album, The 20/20 Experience. JT’s long time contributor, Timbaland is back to handle the production as well as J-Roc Harmon and Rob Knox. So let talk about The 20/20 Experience, shall we?
1. Pusher Love Girl: T2020E kicks off with this eight minute track about how he’s a junkie for her love. I’ve had that feeling before and it’s a great high. I guess I’ve been detoxed because that high is gone. Great referencing all the drugs, Justin. So MDMA is ecstasy, gotcha. I want a lapdance to this song.
2. Suit & Tie feat. Jay-Z: I’m still wondering as to why so many people still hate this song? People were saying that Justin stole Robin Thicke’s swag off this track. But me (you know, the one writing this) dug this song the minute it came through my ears. You see the play that the ladies give you once you slip into a suit and tie? Come on now, Justin knew what he was doing. Then Jay-Z slides in with his bars about his cash shit. You know, Tom Ford tuxedos for no reason.
3. Don’t Hold the Wall: Imagine that you’re in a nice spot or lounge and there’s a nice young lady that’s been giving you the eye all evening. You’re both sipping drinks and this song comes on. She dances closer and closer to you. Then grinds her ass up against you with crazy rhythm. Yeah… that’s what this track shall do if you hear it out and about. I fucks with this heavy.
4. Strawberry Bubblegum: Heh, so is this about mouf? If so, then I know a few ladies that this could apply to. Subtract those clothes and show her a really good time. I like this track as well. So subtle.
5. Tunnel Vision: I was talking to Ashy about to this track and she said this is truly some Aquarius shit. But this is exactly that feeling when you meet that one person that makes you forgot that all others exist. The world doesn’t exist. Well expect for that Aquarius shit because we all know Pisces is the best. IDC, IDC, IDC.
6. Spaceship Coupe: Let’s talk about how fucking dope this song is here! This may be the latest in baby making song jams. Makes you want to get extra wrapped up in that love. They’re worth it. Whoever they are.
7. That Girl: Now where ‘Tunnel Vision’ starts, this song takes it to the next level. Fuck what anyone else has to say when you’re in love with that particular person, that’s all that matters. This is probably my favorite song off the album. Makes you think of that special lady. Hold her close if she’s in your life.
8. Let the Groove Get In: I think Justin was channeling Michael Jackson on this track. Ashy says that this reminds her of ‘Wanna Be Starting Something’. If you don’t dance when this song comes on, then you just hate life in general and hate being happy. I will cut a rug when this comes on. Laugh if you want but shit, this song is worth sweating it out on the dance floor.
9. Mirrors: Sheeish come on now!!!! Have you seen the video? Maaaaaaaaaan this is a very powerful love record. Sometimes, we travel looking for our mirror and they are right in front of us. Then when it switches up to the part where it says ‘You are, you are the love of my life.’ I’m done. Finished.
10. Blue Ocean Floor: After picking the pieces of my so called life up when ‘Mirrors’ goes off, I rarely pay this song any attention. Not to say that it’s a bad song, just that so many emotions are flowing through that I can’t pay attention. But this song is so mellow and relaxing, all I know is that Justin is signing about seashells and ocean floors. I’m not mad at all.
11. Dress On: You know that one dress that she wears that sends all sorts of inappropriate thoughts through your brain. Yeah, exactly zero chill at all when this comes on. It even includes a Timbaland rap.
12. Body Count: Justin’s pretty much saying he’s tapping that at the end of the night. So get ready for it.
Overall, this is a great album. I like it and I went and bought it from Target. And judging from other reactions, the majority of the people like it as well. By the way, Justin is releasing the second part of this album, later on this year.